Sunday, April 18, 2010

Do The Silly Dance

Rob Uslan may be working at a restaurant to pay the bills right now, but it’s the vigorous work he’s putting into his next album that he considers his real job. Supersillyus (Uslan’s stage name) says his next album is taking a direction change. “While the whacky bleep-bloops and psychedelic riffs are still a driving force, there is certainly more of a dance element flowing through my new album,” says Supersillyus. He feels the dance element will make his music more widely appealing.

Supersillyus’ creative flare is not limited to music. He also enjoys drawing and graphic design. His most recent design can be seen on the sleek cover work for Aviator’s mix tape, “Thank You, Come Again” and he’s currently working on album art for InfinitRock’s beat tape.

Although his life is currently chaotic, Supersillyus remains dedicated to connecting and inspiring people through music. He leaves me with these words: “I’ve seen the way music has affected my life and the lives of my peers and if there is any way I can come close to having that kind of effect on another human being, I will spend the rest of my life trying to do so.”

Love, Cristin

No comments: